Thursday, November 13, 2008

Papaya…Do I Have to Eat It?

Mi Madre… “Lady” (how she got that name is another story for another time) has a home business and as a result we had all kinds of people come to our house over the years. One of my favorites was a very nice lady who was seriously like a live Barbie doll...tall, tan, and blonde. She was a teacher and also did some modeling, this later resulted in MW and I getting a few lessons in modeling etc. I had fun that’s for sure.

This was during the SA years when we lived at the pool during the summers. The only reason I remember this is because we had this game that as kids when one of us passed gas you had to put your thumb to your forehead, with palms open and call out the name of a fruit and the last one to do so…I really don’t remember what the “consequences” were or if there were any really. I think the last person to call just got “blamed” for it? No clue.

Come to think of it, this lady, Living Barbie, actually spent quite a bit of time over at our home. One particular evening when she was over, I remember we were hanging out in the kitchen and somebody flatulated and us girls out of habit reacted. She put her thumb up to her forehead and asked, “What’s this?”

We explained the game to her, and all I really remember was her saying, “Papaya…Do I have to eat it?”

OOOH the games to teach to my nieces & nephews

6 comments:

Deena said...

The last person to do the sign and name a fruit had to eat it. Thus the "do I have to eat it."

Methodical Wormer said...

Flatulated? Passed gas? Who's sister are you? We fart in our family.

Coordination Queen said...

You fart? We toot. Except today in the car I asked mb if he was stinky and peanut said, nah i'm just really gassy.

Physcokity said...

At least we don't "poot." DM would love that one! hehehe

Physcokity said...

GM good stinkin' ;)

Physcokity said...

CQ LOL. I love those kids! Peanut has truly coined some of my most favoritey phrases.