Monday, November 3, 2008

A Little Bohemian Rhapsody?

A couple years ago in my singles ward, there was a time when almost every Monday evening after FHE this one kid (I never learned what his name was, weird but true) would end up playing the piano. He would inevitably play Bohemian Rhapsody, which in my book earns him mad rad points.

I surprised myself though. I was able to sing the whole thing from start to finish every.time. Of course there were other people who would sing along because that’s just what we would do.

A year or two later one of my friends said that she always thinks of me when she hears that song. :D

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of those songs that no matter how hard you try you can’t not sing along when you hear it, at least for me. That’s what cracks me up about the sandbox. It’s populated enough that they have several different classic rock stations, and no lie they will usually play Bohemian Rhapsody or We Are the Champions or some other well known Queen song, but those two are usually the most frequently played.

I will sing it all out whenever I hear it in the car with.out.fail. I did this the other day when BonBonz and I were cruising around in the Jeep. She likes classic rock as much as I do, and I was completely into it. I was even belting it at the stoplights. :D As a matter of fact at the last stop light I guess I was doing such a good job that when the light turned green BonBonz was the only one to move right away. It was fabulous.

***Updated to add***
Also something I find to be funny is that the day I composed this particular post, I went with these two to the SYTYCD tour show. When Mark did his solo it was to Bohemian Rhapsody. If it weren’t so loud in there I think I would have made a spectacle of myself by jumping up and doing a little karaoke. Your thoughts?

For putting up with this post you will be rewarded.



6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Most excellent!
I could never sing it, but I can bob my head to it ;)

Physcokity said...

I would definitely blog myself and a few friends reenacting this scene and dressed accordingly ;)

Mikelene said...

True story:
My husband & I were out eating lunch just last week, & that song came on. I told him that it always makes me think of Wayne's World. And of my ward's Roadshow way back when--b/c we did this whole take on WW. And then after the show, all the youth watched the movie over at the home of the couple who directed the roadhsow. It's such a crazy memory. And that movie was probably "inappropriate". Whatevah.

So I found it ironic that you posted about this very song.

Mikelene said...

And, did you know that Penelope Spheeris (director of "Wayne's World") also directed "Little Rascals"?

Physcokity said...

Hey me too! More specifically that part when they sing Mamma Mia Mamma Mia reminds me of Wayne's face hehehe.

Physcokity said...

I did not know that, but somehow it just makes sense, both are highly quotable films and what I consider to be "classics" in my repertoire ie they are found in my private collection. Although I must say that I love how they have starting putting sequels and originals on one disc, (nods head like Wayne and tucks hair behind ears) so convenient. (goofy smile)