Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Story A Story…Tell Us A Story!

OK so here it goes. Sixth grade math class, and our teacher was the wicked witch of the west. No, seriously she was, she even said so one year in the yearbook! All the desks in the class were grouped in fours, they were assigned, all facing the front of the room no less. I sat at the back right desk, and I clearly remember this kid who sat next to me. He was relatively new…from California. He totally had the blond surfer thing going on too, you know the kind with the long shaggy hair?

An.y.way. One day out of the blue, when we were supposed to be working in our assigned groups he announces to our group, “I bet I can make you blush.” Being the stubborn headstrong girl that I was, I was all, “Yeah right!” Actually it probably came out something like, “No you can’t.”

Well he shortened my name a little and added baby to the end, and I probably did end up blushing…a lot more than expected. For the rest of the year he would tease me with that on occasion. I would usually ask him not to call me that. Didn’t work.

One day, for some reason he and I were late in getting to our next class, (no GM it’s not because we were M.O.) and yours truly had the bright idea.

My next classroom came up first and I said, “You know, I could report you for secksual harassment when you call me ‘Shortened name + baby’” After that he never really said it again although, if I remember correctly he signed my yearbook and wrote that in it.

And so was born the Jet song about an extremely frigid woman.

17 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Hmm, I must be really tired.
It's after all after 1 am.
What?

"Take my Frodo off the wall
If it just won't sing for you..."

Super Happy Girl said...

I'll be back for an explanation mañana!

Coordination Queen said...

Was it jonathan nemelka? ;)

Physcokity said...

CQ- no this person was not fictional.

Physcokity said...

Instead of Frodo, I'll get Pippin he sings pretty well.

I can hardly wait for the story behind that one. ;D

Tori :) said...

You go girl!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I blushed at everything.

This is why I never made it into the ranks of professional poker players. I'm too easy to read.

Methodical Wormer said...

This story says SOOOO much:)

Physcokity said...

This story makes me giggle but at the time made me really flustered!

Physcokity said...

EWBL- There have only been a few people who could actually read me like a book.

Deena said...

I think Jonathan Nemelka went to a different school.

Was it Ms. McClure?

sew hot said...

I'm sure it was McClure (beasty woman). In sixth grade that is major flirting. You can stop threatening the boys now. You really can take care of yourself.

Physcokity said...

GM you are right on the money!

Physcokity said...

Um yeah. I struggled for quite a while with understanding when guys were trying to flirt with me...somedays I still don't get it.

Super Happy Girl said...

HA!! I forgot to come back.

I thouhgt the lyrics were "Take my Frodo off the wall
If it just won't sing for you..."
Instead of "Take my photo off the wall If it just won't sing for you..." for the song Look what you've done by Jet.

In my mind I could see a poster of Frodo (yeah from Lord of the Rings) because the girl was a super fan of the movie and now that they broke up, the guy singing the song wants it back :(
It was all very sad really.

Super Happy Girl said...

TA-DA!!!

Physcokity said...

I think I'd cry if someone tried to steal my Frodo poster too! He makes being a hobbit look good!