Thursday, June 26, 2008

Makeover Time!

OK so one of my very dear friends is getting married in about a month. After a conversation with my mother this morning on the way to work, it was decided I need a make over. There are several things that she mentioned and was pretty adament about me doing, ie hair removal, new clothes, make-up. The truly funny part is that MW informed me yesterday that she would be setting me up on blind dates. I laughed... and laughed harder when I thought about it later when I was alone.

She is very nice and helps me out a lot, but I couldn't help but feel a little like singing "...matchmaker matchmaker make me a match..." however having the robin williams version so engrained in my brain as opposed to the fiddler version, I immediately thought of this scene from Mrs. Doubtfire. This was the only one I could find with the whole segment it starts at 1:06 and goes to about 4:45. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Deena said...

That's from Tootsie.

Methodical Wormer said...

Why laughing? This is SERIOUS business my dear.

sew hot said...

only the first part is Tootsie. She gave you the markers and they are doubtfire.

And yes, adamant I am! Webster defines that as totally unyielding in attitude. That pretty well describes it.

You don't need as much work as Robin anyway. :)

Physcokity said...

I feel like Gloria Swanson! > D

Physcokity said...

And you almost didn't go to RS bwahahaha

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My kids made me watch the whole montage freakin TWICE!!!

Ching!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Couldn't you just go on that show Blind Date??!!?

They seem to get some really quality people on there. :)

Papi delivered our youngest Melody at home because the midwives didn't make it on time for her birth either. Anyway, we spent the day with me in labor and watching Blind Date marathons while we laughed our butt flaps off!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

If my mom mentioned those things to me I'd be cool with it as long as she's the one paying for the hair removal, new clothes, and makeup.

Deena said...

Apparently I didn't watch the whole video...sheepish.

Deena said...

Mrs. Doubtfire is one of the very few movies that I can watch over and over.

Physcokity said...

Oh yeah baby sign me up! Isn't that the one where they add their own commentaries on the dates and draw pictures and stuff? Woohoo! I'll bet those people are just as quality as the ones on elimi-date or fifth wheel!

Physcokity said...

I gotta do something to get rid of my butt flaps!

The hair removal is something that I've had a little done before, but it didn't really work b/c the hair wasn't dark enough. After a few years away at school and a few wax and pluck jobs later, they've got some sizeable(sp?) roots and gotten a little darker.

And oh yeah she did make me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Physcokity said...

Another favorite...the first time he/she makes dinner and the chest catches fire..."My first day as a woman and I'm already having hot flashes."

Tori :) said...

When I got divorced I guess my mom and sister decided it was ok to tell me all the things I needed to do to catch a new man. "Pluck your eyebrows!" "Wear more mascara!"
I guess I should thank them- it worked- but still... I was like "Have I been ugly all this time and no one told me??"