Thursday, September 13, 2007

2nd place...Not too Shabby

Here is the contest...
Back in July, because my friends encouraged me, I won some cash money for shucking corn. woohoo! Well Regional Finals were last night. I didn't win, but I came in close second. It started out with six finalists from previous competitions. First round of elimination, corn shucking. Still in but just barely. Second round, "cow patty" toss, I still can't believe I passed through that one. Third round, Watermelon seed spitting contest. I passed this one, we were now down to the final three. I would like to thank my father for teaching me and all of us girls how to spit. Fourth and final round, Diaper two baby dolls, hang up three pieces of clothing on the clothes line two clothes pins each, and shuck two more ears of corn.
They said go, I hurried as fast as I could, but those dang velcro tabs were on there good and tight, it didn't really help that my hands were shaking like crazy either. One of the baby dolls was a little on the chubby side for premie diapers....oh well. Last one up from diapers I raced down to the other end for laundry duty. This is where I picked up a little of that lost time, but not enough! One other girl and I made it to the ears of corn, but danged if I didn't pick the wrong basket! I barely opened one ear when she finished. Whoa baby! Since it was only the regional finals the winner gets to fly to Nashville, TN for the real finals. Since I can't really take any more time off of work...I settle for this memento. Cowboy Troy & Me....crazy

8 comments:

sew hot said...

You're my favorite hick chick! I bet Troy was rooting for you. Good shucking!

Physcokity said...

*lol* thanks

Methodical Wormer said...

1. You should have told me
2. I could have conditioned you but doing my laundry and changing BL diapers, duh
3. I could have come and watched you! Stink pie...
You can come over anytime to start your training.
Just wait for next year, Nashville here we come!

Methodical Wormer said...

PS if you won 3gs you could afford to take a little time off work!

Deena said...

I've got plenty of diapers for practicing. Too bad it wasn't more realistic. Speaking of diapers...why does changing them quickly make you a Hick Chick? Is it because you've got a few when you graduate from high school?

Physcokity said...

MW- That's where I was last night when you called me. Apparently you took notes from GM ;)

GM- probably so seeing as how the chick who did win had 11 kids...yeah I'm not touching that, but apparently someone did!

Coordination Queen said...

ew 11 kids and she wasn't disqualified on the fact that she wasn't exactly a "miss" anymore?!?!?! you know like miss usa or something they can't have had any kids... oh well. i think kb would let you practice on her dolls and she still has some premie diapers that she uses for them... i'm sure she'll share.

Physcokity said...

hehe I love my little KB kidlet