Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's Called A Quip Not a Sloooope

OK People are definitely slow!

I received an email request, from a customer no less, that was for their statement dated 10/24/07. I'm seriously NOT KIDDING!

That's exactly what they asked for. I was a little bit flippant in my response when I sent the fax; which I'm sure will come back to bite me in the butt and humble me, but I sent them a copy of the current status of their account. On the cover page I wrote.

"I received your request for the statement dated 10/24/07; however, for obvious reasons, this is the best I could do.
Thank you."

Yeah I know it was rude...totally belongs here, but I laughed pretty hard about it. Not business professional, but very much me.

10 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

hehehe, some people...

Deena said...

I'LL BET, IT WAS A VERY, "IMPORTANT" DOCUMENT. WITH LOTS, OF COMMAS, AND QUOTATION "MARKS" AND EXCLAMATION POINTS TOO!!!

Carrot Jello said...

I would like to thank you for this post. I've been trying to think of the name of a certain song, and when I saw the word "Sloooope" it triggered something in my brain, and I was all like "Good Morning Starshine!" Which has nothing to do with the word "slooooope", but it helped me remember, so thanks!

Physcokity said...

CQ-Fortunately I get to laugh quite often at these kinds of things.

GM-Grammar Police?

Carrot- anything I can do to help

It's our life ... said...

HI! its Amy! I didnt know that you had a blog too, well now I do so keep in touch!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

If you only knew the horrible passive-aggressive things I do on my job......Things like waiting outside a customer's house for the exact moment that 5:30 strikes to make sure they don't get their newspaper even one minute earlier than I have to. Giving rude customers wrinkly, crumpled copies of the paper. Throwing trash in the yard of ones who have yelled at me. Mocking their craptastic names on my blog.....

Physcokity said...

Amy- Yay for blogging I find it easier to do things this way.

EWB- OoOOooh I love all things craptastic! ;)

Evil Kitty said...

R u my long lost cousin?

Physcokity said...

perhaps, perhaps, perhaps

Carrot Jello said...

So, um...new post?