Friday, August 3, 2007

Physcoticology

I think I was born on the end of an era, aside from the fact that I graduated in 2001. It seems like those who followed behind me were in a different state. Most of the people my age didn’t have cell phones in high school, maybe by senior year, but honestly it baffles me.

Maybe I was just oblivious to all of this, but it seems that people are so caught up in other people’s business they don’t realize how ridiculously juvenile they look or act. It’s like that Fall Out Boy song, “This Ain’t a Scene It’s an Arms Race.” I guess this type of behavior has always been around, “keeping up with the Joneses” or the Smiths or the trendsetter of the week. I guess the hypocrisy of it all is really hitting me between the eyes right now.

Why be something you’re not?


The only reason people would assume such an MO is because they have self-esteem issues, or are just feeling they lack acceptance. My question to you is who’s approval are you seeking? Public opinion varies from one day to the next, and the only thing they can seem to agree on is no new taxes. You have no control over what other people think of you, and quite frankly, it’s none of your business. As abominably rude as that sounds I’m sure if you mill it over in your mind you’ll realize the full meaning of that statement.

4 comments:

Deena said...

yep. and huh?

sew hot said...

I read that very thing yesterday "don't worry about what others think of you it is none of your business". I like it!

Methodical Wormer said...

I still remain cell phone-less. I enjoy the freedom.

Coordination Queen said...

Who cares what people think of you anyway... it is more fun to try and make them talk. ;)