Monday, July 16, 2007

Sweet Tooth


Late Saturday afternoon I was feeling anxious, slightly overwhelmed by all of life's little "wonders" that I had come to be dealing with throughout that day. Being something of an emotional eater as we all are from time to time I reverted to a particular childhood favorite. Circus Peanuts! Those orange marshmallow things that are usually so rock hard in the store that no one would conceivably believe that it is in fact a marshmallow.

Well I tried to be good and just avoid the sugar aisle but they were simply calling out to me at the low low price of $.99. I caved. I had a couple in the car to help calm my nerves, which were recovering from the latest emotional/mental strain. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this particular bag had not yet hit the hockey puck stage. In order to prevent that from occurring I put them back in the grocery bag and tied it tight and threw it in the back seat of the car, on the floor to be more specific.

As luck would have it, I forgot to take them out when I finally returned to my home that evening. The following afternoon whilst driving around in a toaster oven on wheels I suddenly recalled that I had forgotten to remove said bag of sugar. I opened them up and to my surprise happened upon a wonderful discovery, that not only were they again soft, as marshmallows should be, but that they were also much more delectable! So I downed a few and called it good.

In retrospect it all makes sense, though I don't think I will ever make the concerted effort to "reheat" my disgustingly sweet sugar fix, as I prefer them slightly stale...go figure.

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

you are definitely one of us with that sweet tooth... although I think I prefer chocolate.

Deena said...

you and those dang circus peanuts

Physcokity said...

it's pretty much one of the grossest things that I enjoy eating blame it on grandpa homer, I remember eating them with him...vaguely(sp?)