Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Christmas in July?


It’s July, in the land of the eternal sun. Today it is actually slightly overcast due to wonderful monsoon season, finally a little relief from the heat, a balmy 101 ;). I just want to see it snow outside. Don’t know why I didn’t even miss the snow this past winter, but right now I just want to see it snowing outside.

“Christmas in July?” you ask. Well today would be Christmas Eve* if there were a Christmas in July, which to be honest, I didn’t realize until just now. Does that mean there is Chanukah in July? Or Kwanzaa? I think there should be some official stance on this.

Maybe in honor of a Christmas in July I will run around singing seasonally appropriate songs at people’s doorsteps, and hand out lots of good fatty food or some sorry excuse for a holiday treat. But in order to make it a more seasonally appropriate holiday, I will sing songs about rain and sun and summer, or those crazy campfire songs that you only sing at camp outs; because if you sang them anywhere else, people would simply stare at you like a freak of nature. Though you know if you did, said individuals would be humming all the while for they know the words by heart. And instead of super fatty foods I think I will just hand out fruit w/ yummy fruit dip, or possibly chocolate dipped strawberries but then again, the chocolate would melt off. Better yet, I would just hand out grilled meat. How do you like them apples?

OK now I see why this was never an official holiday, no free refrigeration for the tasty goods. Imagine that, by the time the person comes home to find what was once a tasty treat on their doorstep it has been reduced to foul stenching mush.

4 comments:

Deena said...

I want some chocolate dipped strawberries.

Physcokity said...

me too I did have some on Saturday...tasty

Coordination Queen said...

I'll take almost all of it, except that nasty brick in the picture.

Physcokity said...

yeah no bricks, one of the articles I found even tried to convince people that these things had flavor if they were home made...yeah right I'm gonna waste my time making something that only has a mediocre taste and bad rap to begin with, I'm better off buying a bag of cookies. White chocolate macadamia...tasty.