Monday, July 16, 2007

Some People


Just don't get it. At present I happen to be toying with the idea of buying a house. Nothing too outlandish, but something where if I should decide to rent out a room or two I could. Call me crazy but something in me at this point wants to put some roots down. I want a project to work on that takes up my time, but obviously not all of it.

Mostly this feeling stems from about six years of residential instability. Going through college I certainly moved my fair share...17 times to be exact... Having moved so many times I have also become proficient at minimizing, and while I still have a few kitschy items, there's not a whole lot of extra "stuff." At this point though moving could still be considered an "adventure," depending on how optimistic I am feeling, I would prefer the security of being in a home where (1) I don't feel pressured to hide myself, and that includes all aspects of my persona (2) I can do pretty much whatever I want to do with it as far as color and decorating goes.
This is where my dear friends and family automatically assume that I mean paint the whole house in varying shades of blue and or green. Well it's mine, why not? Just kidding you need some neutrals/beiges/taupes for sanity's sake. However I don't want to fall into that whole idea of being owned by your possessions or the question of who or what is really in charge? Maybe one day I'll figure it out, but in the mean time I plan on still looking. I'm a hopeless optimistic, and I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

sew hot said...

Is that a picture of the house you were looking at before you went to the Dentist?

Physcokity said...

No not at all though I wish it were...