Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 Things

For our enrichment this month we all had to bring three things to represent something that most people don’t know about us. As per usual I threw it together very last minute. Thank goodness I keep quite a bit of junk paraphernalia in my car. What I came up with seemed to be repeated quite a bit, my excessive love for music, dance, and blogging.

I was surprised though that one other girl fessed up to having a blog which "she is addicted to," however I was able to trump that by sharing that I had the honor of meeting a couple of my bloggy friends.

I still don’t think that those things really encompass the deeper part of me. It makes everything about me seem relatively trivial, not that I don’t enjoy reading blogs and being able to keep up with friends that way, which reminds me…I’ve got a lot of catch up reading to do. ;)

I guess the point is that I was thinking about this about a week after the fact and I realized that there were other things I want to share that would mean more to me, but now that I really think about it would have probably been slightly awkward to say a loud. For some reason I have always found it easier to say the really difficult things and things that are close to my heart are more easily expressed in writing or in type, hence the blog.

Anyway here are 3 things about me that most people don’t know.

1) I don’t hate anybody. Sure I may get upset with the things they do to me, but it is usually short lived. Por ejemplo: There is this girl who I was friends with, I got upset about something I chose to do at her suggestion and she thought I was taking it out on her. Since then she chose to ostracize me from her very “elite” and cliquish circle. Her choice. I have tried to be cordial towards her and harbor no ill will, as a matter of fact she left the ward for a while and when she returned, she was just as stank as ever up to her same old tricks, but the first thought I had was "I’m glad she’s back, it’s good to see her here again."

2) I find that for me, it is relatively easy to care about people and love them. It is for this reason I could never be a psychologist. I internalize way too much, and tend to react emotionally towards things. For instance, even if something I hear doesn’t make me personally happy, but I know that others are happy I can’t not be happy for them. I think if people ever found out how much I really cared about things and them it would either creep them out to no end or…sadly I can’t really think of anything at this point to finish on a positive note. The creepy outey-ness is usually what hampers any real expression of this.

3) I am a touchy feely kind of person. This should make sense given number 2. I really like hugs I enjoy giving and receiving them. Sadly when I entered college is when I realized that not everybody is comfortable with hugs. With that new lesson learned, my natural instinct was to not hug anymore. I think that this left something of a gap in my need for touch in general. It was at the suggestion of my favorite sister ;) that I find a hugging buddy. Somebody who like me enjoys giving and receiving hugs. It made a big difference. I also find that my friends who are ok with hugs are generally the ones I look forward to seeing the most.

It’s out there...and now that I feel thoroughly awkward, I’m just glad that the people who read my blog don’t see me on a regular basis.

Man, that was a little too serious, so we’ll end with a silly.

Throughout the day I will randomly think of scenes in movies, and quotes from movies that apply situationally, but of course because the references are usually so obscure, I’m the only one who thinks that it is funny.

Right along with that is the fact that I still enjoy watching a multitude of movies from when I was a kidlet, and I think some of them still make me laugh just as hard if not more so than when I was a kid, while others effectively scandalize.

12 comments:

Deena said...

Hey, you linked to the wrong sister's blog!! I'll forgive you that mistake. :)

Deena said...

Now I want to watch Clue.

Tori :) said...

My entire family speaks thru movie quotes. There is always a quote for any and all situation. And I didn't used to be a hugger, but I married a polynesian. Whattya gonna do?? They hug and kiss everyone.
I think we could hang- you and me. :)

Physcokity said...

Polys are my favorite! We have a few in our ward and one of them used to be my home teacher. He would give me hugs as often as I wanted. It was happiness, and I miss him :D his cousin however is still here, and he is cool as well...Hey wait he's also got fam in Tejas...?

I'd definitely be up for hanging ;)

Coordination Queen said...

I always knew I was the favorite! :) MB's new found obsession is muppet treasure island... he runs around yelling, "i've got cabin fever!"

Physcokity said...

Cabin Fevah! Ahhhhhhhhh! Cause when you're a professional piraaaaaate,

Physcokity said...

Tim Curry really is a freak...but somehow that doesn't stop me from enjoying his wide variety of films...

Clue
Three Musketeers
Muppet Treasure Island

and lest we forget
Legend
Rocky Horror Picture Show

b. said...

You sound freakishly A LOT like a real life friend of mine. I adore her. I get her. I liked you from the beginning too!

Physcokity said...

thanks b.!

Nancy Face said...

This was great! :)

I would really like to improve on #1 and #2...I love MOST people, but it's very difficult for me to truly love people who are mean and nasty to my children...it's the whole mama-goose-protecting-her-goslings thing! :S

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Sometimes, when I'm in public, I envision all the commotion stopping suddenly and then people breaking into a song while dancing with their grocery carts or stomping out a beat on the hood of their car like some very weird real-life musical.

I don't love evrybody. I'm working on that non-Christ like flaw though.

Physcokity said...

THAT would be a rockin' day for sure! I would love to witness such a spectacular display!

I said love...not like ;) lol