Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You Call THAT Studying?

Alrighty, so the other day, Lady happened into my room. I'm not gonna lie it's a scary hot mess. She informed me of this, and so I started to do a little more picking up to get things in a "manageable" way.

While sifting through things and rearranging, I found a nail kit which included a little handy dandy tool for fake tips. A buffer. I thought I would smooth out my nails a little bit. Big mistake. I went a little crazy and over did it. ow. Let me repeat that. OW! That's better. So in effort to give my nails a little more back up/ support/ strength/ thickness-whatever-you-want-to-call-it I painted them with a coat of clear polish.

Ever since I had my last sandbox pedi back in February. Which included no less than three colors, to make an argyle pattern, and black jewels for fun. A plain regular coat of polish, regardless of color, doesn't really cut it for me. It still looks boring. I see it as a canvas that has yet to be explored.

Thus it was that when I sat down to do my homework, it resulted in this.



I have learned a few things from this little experiment.
A. Sharpie on your nails rubs off pretty quick.
2. Wait for the Sharpie to dry BEFORE you paint another clear coat over the Sharpie layer.
D. Regardless of how dry the Sharpie drawing is it'll still bleed a little when painted over with nail polish.

Maybe I should try another brand of nail polish next time?

6 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

THIS is why I come here.
Why did I never think of sharpie on my nails?

Deena said...

I'm confiscating all of your sharpies. Hand them over. Even the ones in your leg holster. Now.

Klin said...

Sharpies! Now why didn't I think of that?! I'm sharing this with my girls AFTER they actually do their homework ;)

Physcokity said...

I tried and failed miserably to recreate the awesomeness that was the pro nail job, but alas my discount reatailer brand nail polish is weak sauce.

So I thought of the next best thing that would recreate the desired effect for the shakier hand.

I almost added a pic of my toes, but then reneged on that one. Some people get sicked out by that stuff. I wouldn't want to be known as the blog that made people hurl.

Although that might give me license to creat a new moniker. HA>

Physcokity said...

GM- You may get the one on my leg holster, but I'll always have the keychain sharpie. bwahahahahah!

Physcokity said...

Kl-in I'd heard of people using whiteout to paint/french tip their nails when bored, but it usually looks so cheap and not at all glossy like real polish should.

Although that's the beauty of Sharpies if you don't like it. It washes off, or you can easily change colors, as long as you don't clear coat over it.