Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lessons From Google Reader

Today I went through my reader account since they (<- read the wonderful people at blogger) decided it would be super cool to move my entire following list to the google reader, without telling. Thanks guys! Really! Way to add a little extra stress to my day.

Welp, since it all showed up together I had about 300 unread posts. What I learned from going through the Subscriptions list was that some people post way too much. 50 posts in like, a week's time? That's just a little ridiculous. I understand you want to build and keep a reader base, but honestly? Not everything you think needs to be noted on the blog for blogsterity.

Another thing I learned? I have some funny OLFs I ♥ them, and would like to read them on a more regular basis, but school is kicking my trash two tests last week and two this week with no end currently in site, and things only promising to get harder. It is a dark time my friends, at least on the blog. My mind however is a different story with all the light and knowledge coming in I just hope my brain doesn't get sunburned or fried for that matter.

I'll skip the hannibal lector(sp?) joke there, that's a little too g-ross for me.

2 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

"Not everything you think needs to be noted on the blog for blogsterity"

Point taken.

Physcokity said...

My dear Carrot that comment was not directed at you, I'm referring to the 10 a day poster. That's apparently why they invented twitter. Go figure. I estimate that if people want to hear from me that often they'll text or call. ;)