Friday, August 28, 2009

Um, Could You Repeat That Please?

Yeah, so I'm sure some of you already saw this, but I thought that I should put it on the blog anyway. The other day I was informed, with all seriousness that,
"Biology has nothing to do with Nursing."
Oh yes, yes I was. To be honest after my initial wave of annoyance and frustration with the Nursing department secretary, I had a hard time not laughing in her face at the absurdity of that statement when taken completely out of context. So impressed by the hilarity of the statement I couldn't wait to get home to post it on the good ole FB, so I submitted it via the new cell (which I lurv, but that's another story).

This semester in school is already giving me great expectations of future blog fodder, I sincerely hope that it continues to produce with regularity and does not disappoint.

There was more to this, but I completely forgot where I was going with it, oh well. I'm sure I'll remember at a time that is utterly inconvenient. Back to the grindstone!

12 comments:

Mikelene said...

Man, that's not helping the credibility of southern schools. My hubby's BS is in Biology. And then he went on to get a Masters in NURSE Anesthesia. Hmmmmm...

Mikelene said...

Oh, and I wanted to add that I don't know how comfy I'd be knowing the RN in the ER didn't take any bio classes. ;)

Just what is a Clair? said...

So I am reading THE CHINA STUDY. It is CRAZY! You should read it when you have a moment.:) It is the crazest study in nutrition. OHMYGATOR.

Physcokity said...

Mikelene- Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad that I can go from angered annoyance to laughter in 1.78 seconds.

Physcokity said...

yeah me neither. wait you want to put that needle where? Can you spell that? or better yet do you even know where it is? right.

Physcokity said...

Hlove- I'll have to add it to the ever increasing list, although closer to the top might be better for me ;) Thanks!

Klin said...

Guess I have to comment cause there's no "like" button.

Totally laughing at the post and the comments.

College does indeed produce good blog fodder. I just couldn't post what I wanted cause it would offend some peoples.

Physcokity said...

Klin that is a genius idea and I propose that you should suggest such to the "wonderful" people at blogger. I like this. Or maybe you could just revert to something trite like... *Thumbs up!*? hahaha

yeah sometimes I worry about offending people, but then i realize that they'll probably never see me again...that being said i still am rarely rude to total strangers.

Coordination Queen said...

And now you know why she is the nursing department SECRETARY and not a nurse...

Physcokity said...

CQ- at least that is something which I can be thankful for today ;)

Nancy Face said...

What the foolish? Hahaha! :D

your mom said...

DANG IT! CQ beat me to it, exactly why she is the secretary and not a nurse...ask her to explain how a nurse would know which parts of the body are affected by a stroke to the Right Parietal Area of the brain?!? Uh huh, no biology necessary...