Friday, August 14, 2009

PK Goes to CA

I spent last week in San Diego, and I have to say that Southern CA is quite nice for vacationing. clickety to biggefy.



Most if not all of these pictures were taken from the car while we were moving. Brings new meaning to the phrase drive by shooting.
Look, there's my hands and right arm! This is about as much of me as you will see in these photos.*


I am a sucker for a good panoramic scene shot










I actually spent quite a bit of time here reading and just watching the water in between our expeditions.






As well as interesting architecture.































The beach is almost always a gold mine for some good people watching.




Apparently this guy thinks so too.












Even the birds get into it.


It proved to be the home of some most excellent signage.


Does this actually certify as irony?
(For those of you who can't read those signs the lower one says, "Planned Parenthood Express" the one in the upper left corner says, "Episcopal Church 5 1/2 blocks to the left")

Thank you Captain Obvious!

I'm pretty sure that I saw this truck whilst traversing the country earlier this year. Only I couldn't find my camera fast enough.

Somehow this motto just explains soo much.

I even picked up a little extra religion while I was down there.



I should explain this picture a little better. Aside from just being funny. This kid was conveniently located outside the neighborhood banking branch.


After driving around for a while, I thought CA couldn't get any better. Apparently I was wrong.

Here's your gratuitous bacon. Pretty sure that if I had turned the camera a little more to the left it would read Quik Stop Bacon.

Yes I took all these pictures myself.

As BW would say, "Catch you on the flipper."


*This is actually an exercise in covert ops recon. For those times when it pays to be super sneaky and secrety.

4 comments:

Klin said...

I love me some Southern Cal. I think it misses me as much I now realize that I miss it.

Yay you.

Deena said...

SJ- I love your pics. smooches to you.


wv: nefartu

Physcokity said...

Klin- yes I would definitely like to go back and spend more time looking at stuff.

Physcokity said...

GM- thanks! smooches accepted ;)