Saturday, June 13, 2009

Waiting for Attention I'm Not...

The other day Lady, CQ, Peanut, MB & I all went to the beach for a much needed day off. On the way there we took the magic van which has power everything, and the DVD player, perfect for road trips and kids. Well about 5 minutes into the trip the kidlets were asking for snacks/treats/etc. So we passed them out and things were good for a while as we watched Cheese and Grommit (MB's term not mine).
Well when we started the second round of theatrical DVD entertainment, I was done trying to watch from the front row, and had on the earphones listening to my current favorite album.* MB asked me if he could have some. I was also munching on some snacky goodness at the time and presumed that that was what he was referring to. So when I tried to clarify what it was he was after he just smiled his little smile and kept pointing in my general direction. After about two more guesses I figured out he wanted to try my auditory buffet. It was on track 8 which is a personal favorite and has been for some time.

I handed back the ear buds for the kids each took one and were listening for a little bit, and I asked MB if he liked it and he nodded with a distracted look. At this point CQ asked what are they listening to?

I told her.

To which she responded, "Oh, geez." So I took the buds and let her listen to the track, and it's official, Jimmy Eat World is Kid Tested. Mother Approved! Although I'd prefer Jimmy to Kix almost any day ;)


*See previous post.

4 comments:

Klin said...

I like Jimmy Eat World!

Kid tested, Mother approved at this house, too ;)

Coordination Queen said...

Thanks for taking care of them in the magic van. You are the BEST!

Physcokity said...

Klin- That album just makes me want to get up and dance.

Sometimes I do...

even in my car. :D

Physcokity said...

CQ no prob, your little underwear tree monsters are angels ;D