Monday, December 1, 2008

Youfers

I found out this morning that my last remaining grandparent passed away. I don’t really know what to say except of what I remember from when I was a little kid. They would always come down to visit us on Thanksgiving, pretty much every year without fail. I guess that her time to go seems a little more appropriate now that I think about it like that.

Anyway I remember that for some reason, all the kids would want to sleep in the bed with grandma and we’d each have a night, because she slept in my parent’s bed, although oddly grandpa never slept in the bed with her, at least there wasn’t a time that I can recall that he did, but I digress.

I also remember that us as grandkidlets would always try to get her to take out her teeth and talk. We just thought that was the coolest thing, still no clue why this fascinated us.

Also that was probably one of the few times during the year that we would get our favorite sugared cereals. It really is a grandparent’s job to spoil the grandkids.

My little kitty’s gone from the basket.
My little kitty’s gone up a tree.
Oh won’t some one please climb up to the tree tops,
And bring back my kitty to me.

There was a little rooster at the barnyard gate,
And that little rooster was GM’s playmate,
And that little rooster went
Cockle-de-doodle-de-doodle-de-do.

There was a little kitty at the barnyard gate
And that little kitty was CQ’s playmate,
And that little kitty went
Meow-meow-meow

4 comments:

Deena said...

Nice post PK.

Physcokity said...

You know what's funny? It was almost impossible for me to feel sad at all when I heard the news. I'm not saying I jumped for joy or anything, but the only thing I could really think of was the stuff I remembered from when I was a kid.

Thank you.

Coordination Queen said...

I had forgotten about youfers. I sing those songs to my kids sometimes... and I always have to sing them in her voice. :)

Physcokity said...

That was actually the first thing that came to mind-->Youfers...that and lag...

btw wv: noeadn