Monday, December 8, 2008

Spelling Bee Queen

That is one thing I am NOT. I feel like since I’ve been working at my present job that my intelligence has rapidly decreased…or at least my capacity to spell words correctly.

For example: vomited/vomitted/ incontinence/incontinance/ transvestite…ok that word just looks like it’s spelled wrong.

“Why would one need to know how to spell these words correctly?” you might ask. Well I will tell you. It’s quite simple really. I don’t want to look like an idiot. In the words of the infamous yet hence departed Arugala(sp?) Queen
Don't walk the "I'm-So-Educated" walk if you can't type out an "I'm-So-Educated" type e-mail. Got it? I prefer to contact people privately rather than a group response anyway so little snarkies like me won't tear apart my e-mails. <-------Admission Of My Own Ignorance--Ignorance That I Prefer To Hold Close To My Bosom Rather Than Showcasing! Yeah, my bosom be ignorant- Arugula Queen
I think we might have to start a club
Ignorant Bosom Society*

Who's in?

*Not to be confused with that Oh so inconvenient Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

**Updated to add for Lady**

14 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I ♥ the Arugula Queen BIG TIME!

Nancy Face said...

Spelling is HUGE to me! I'm the spelling expert in my family, but when I'm not completely sure, I do what my family is too lazy to do (haha)...I consult the dictionary!

Heffalump said...

There are some blogs I am almost afraid to comment on because the bloggers are big grammar people, and I, while I enjoy good grammar, am no expert.

Cait and Ben said...

Sorry who is this? You commented on my blog and I can't seem to find a picture of you or your name on yours!!

sew hot said...

you've been texting too much, where spelling doesn't count or matter. texting uses olde timey shorthand...a skill taught in the old days and it can mess with spelling skills.

WV-chipp

and I ask chocolate or potato?

Mikelene said...

"I feel like since I've been working at my present job that my intelligence has rapidly decreased..."

That sums up how I feel most days. And I've been a sahm mom for over a decade. I watch Jeopardy & do crosswords in hopes that they'll help. But, alas, most days my brain is just fried. Sixth grade math, anyone?? I do, however, know lots of Disney trivia. Does that count?

I'm the speller at our house.

Physcokity said...

Yes, I miss her...but I've still got EWBL for the days that end in "Y" ;)

Physcokity said...

Spelling is a big deal to me as well, and the dictionary is my number two friend. The number one friend? Thesaurus.

Physcokity said...

Heff- I admittedly will snark a little at other people's bad grammar, but you might have noticed I'm not perfect either.


This is me confessing hypocrisy...hippochrissie? ;)

Physcokity said...

Cait- Sorry to be all super secrety and stuff, but I prefer the anonymity on the blog. ;)

Physcokity said...

Lady- I beg your pardon but even when I was t9 texting I would enter full sentences with correct punctuation...the jury's still out on the grammar though. Since I have a full keyboard there's no excuse for not doing that either...

Physcokity said...

6th grade math totally counts! I don't know that I could still do it. Give me a pencil and I'll work it out...;)

Super Happy Girl said...

i has no porblems with speallin at all.
or grammer.

Physcokity said...

My Supa Happee Gurl! My Christmas Elf! Werd Nerd or not got me an ed-juh-mah-kay-shun and gradjeated