Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Skimmy Dipping 10

What’s in a name?

Apparently our favorite werewolf was named after a country singer, and his parent's loved the artist so much that they heeded his sage words of advice and encouraged their son to become a doctor instead.

J Waylon Black


The really ironic part of all this? He’s actually located in WA

More hilarity...side story...
When I was
looking up how far it is from Forks to Olympia...I came across two cities the first? Carlisle...no joke. The second? Humptul!p...no.joke. I about lost it. I even had to zoom in to make sure that I read that correctly. 8|



More weirdness...I used to watch this show all the time when I was a kid...no clue why or how, just did. This also probably explains quite a bit.

12 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Ted and I drove to Olympia...it's like an hour drive from Forks. I don't know why when Bella is talking about driving from Forks to Seattle that she makes it seem like she needs to make a bunch of stops along the way. You take a Ferry that cuts the drive time off by like 3 hours. Bella is a fool.

Mikelene said...

Is it wrong that I can totally sing along to the "Dukes" theme song? My brothers & I watched that all the time. And looking back, I wonder, where the heck were my parents??

S said...

I love Dukes of Hazard. They do not make TV like that anymore. Why do we need story lines. Lets just have characters and do the same thing every week. Daisy is a legend. I try to dress like her often but let me tell you it is NOT pretty!

*My verification word is polemile. I think that is in reference to my daisy duke dressing pole dance. That too my friend is NOT pretty.

Super Happy Girl said...

I used to watch D of H religiously.

Which proves that kids are clueless.

Klin said...

I love the Dukes!!! Where were my parents? Sitting beside me, watching with me.

That would be the why and how for me.

Heffalump said...

Ah...I loved The Dukes of Hazard as a kid, along with The A-Team, Battlestar Gallactica (the original) and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Those were the days.

Physcokity said...

Lauren- You'd think with her "smarts" Mike would've picked up on how much she's NOT interested...go figure. ;)

Physcokity said...

Mikelene- I was asking myself the exact same question. When I would watch that show, I don't ever recall my mom being around, and it wasn't like I was trying to hide it from anybody either.

Physcokity said...

S- what do you think Seinfeld was? ;) They just do the same thing every week eat at the Diner and make fun of different minorities...Newman...man hands...I could go on forever.

Physcokity said...

NCS- AH- to the -MEN.

Physcokity said...

Klin we would get D of H on TNN(The Nashville Network) during the day...that's when the 'rents were working.

Physcokity said...

Heff- I have heard of all of those except the Scarecrow and Mrs. King...I think I'll have some good things to yootoob over the next few days...maybe they've got some on Netfl!x