Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is too far...

Ok for those of you who really know me know I am a very touchy kind of person that's just the way that I am; but I have also learned that many people prefer not to be touched. So until it is either brought up or initiated by the other person, I usually don't demonstrate this side of myself. I found an article today in which they stated that they had banned touching in a school, all together...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19293872/?GT1=10056

What were they thinking? Obviously there is some validity but the assumption that by not allowing touch makes "all students...comfortable" and keeps "crowded hallways and lunchrooms...safe," is assinine what about that percentage that now feel uncomfortable b/c they can't hug their friends or even give them a high five? People are lame...I agree with the parents that said they don't want their kid to feel like touch is a negative thing when on the contrary it's vital to our existence!

Let's face it though in a middle school full of raging hormones, that is well over capacity, it is tough to keep them under control sometimes. I can see where they would believe that this is a logically ideal solution.


....Whatever just hug me....

No comments: