Saturday, March 28, 2009

Theme Song Mania

In my new line of work I am subjected exposed to a wide variety of children's programming. Obviously when things like this happen we adapt and move on. Well, in the large time spent viewing/background listening I have developed some favorites and some not so favorites.

Top 5 Programs of choice (not in any particular order, but generally these would be considered the less annoying shows)

1. Little Einsteins
2. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
3. Backyardigans
4. Charlie & Lola (grates a little on the nerves, but not horribly so)
5. Max & Ruby

After two solid weeks of this programming I also have another list, correct me if I am wrong or MW just let me know if there were any that I've forgotten, I would like to add another list

Top 5 Shows which I have at various times had the theme song or a featured song stuck in my head for days on end

1. Little Einsteins
2. Wonder Pets (still singing this one btw)
3. Pinky Dinky Doo
4. Go Diego Go (The Rescue Pack song, actually when I was chillin' with BL I would be a little secretly disappointed in the episodes where this song was not featured)
5. Wow Wow Wubbzy(sp?)

Yeah, I secretly or not so secretly enjoy watching WWW. GM said she wasn't really shocked by this when I told her. I know it can be obnoxious for some people, but I think the simpleness of the drawing is probably why I like it, and semi-heralds me back to the days of "yore" when I was a "young'en" and cartoons were much more simply drawn ie Garfield, Smurfs, Snorks, and the all time favorite (which I am still secretly hoping will be released to DVD some time soon) Muppet Babies.

In any event what I enjoy about the Diznee Channel morning programming is that even if the show is only 25 minutes long they have little programmed "shorts" which are like mini shows. In this particular case, I really enjoy Shaun the Sheep, which isn't too much of a stretch because I also really like Wallace and Gromit, this one in particular.

Which leads me to yesterday morning. There was one particular episode of Shaun the Sheep which made me giggle profusely (it starts at about 4:30). I couldn't find this one on regular 'ole yootoob but I think I found an international equivalent, so here it is.

6 comments:

david mcmahon said...

I'm familiar with a couple of those. When my kids were younger, I used to sit down and watch `Rugrats' with them!

(G'day from Australia)

Mikelene said...

Ahhhh kids' programming. Michael watches most of those shows. He really likes Charlie & Lola. He giggles thru the whole thing. Not sure if it's the accents? And he was watching that same episode of Shaun the Sheep. The part at the end where they all go blasting out of the tent made him laugh the loudest. Then he said, "siddy sheep". (silly sheep)
Don't get me started on show songs stuck in your head. I could write a whole post about all of the different kids' songs from the past 10 yrs that have been in & out of my brain. Yikes!

Physcokity said...

Rugrats used to be one of my favorites, but this was when I was in junior high.

Welcome David!

Physcokity said...

Mikelene- Yep! As a matter of fact in the shower this morning I still found myself unconsciously serenading with Wonder Pets. Oh the silliness.

Deena said...

We watched Shaun the Sheep this morning. It was the one with the fatty sheep. So funny.

Physcokity said...

GM- Sad but true bit of info. Even though I had the day off I recorded Shaun the Sheep, and wanted to record Charlie and Lola but alas they were showing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...I was a little shocked at how annoyed I was by this.