Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hear Ye Hear Ye...

It's happening again. The brain drain is making rounds. Not that I was doing too much to feel overly intellectual, seeing as how my books of choice were merely fluff and rubbish that didn't require too much mental input to figure it out. Although I have realized in my recent road trip, the fascination with listening to radio programs back in the day. It's a little more enthralling at least for me than TV, especially when it leaves you with a really good cliffhanger.

I highly recommend this type of audio entertainment if you are spending copious amounts of time in your car any time soon.

In other news, I love my new job and the kids that I work with. They are precious and fun. I would post pics of their cutie faces, but I don't know if their parents would be kosher with that ;)

Just take my word for it, you've seen the nieces and nephews. Trust my judgement ;)

Second to last I feel like a total schmo because in my haste and lack of preparation to leave town I left quite a mess (not gross mess, just clutter). For this I feel bad because the girl I was renting from who owns the house had left on her honeymoon. Yeah, I'm a jerk with impeccable bridge burning capabilities(?) I'm trying not to beat myself up for it, or at least be overly negative. I've got a lot of other crap that I'm trying to deal with.

Normally and under previous circumstances where in this wouldn't really bother me because perhaps the situations weren't that great or they required that a cleaning check be passed and so no qualms. Real mature. I know. In any event this was probably the best roommate living situation I had ever found myself in. Not only was the domicile good, but I had a functional relationship with the lady I paid rent to who also happened to live there as well.

I know that she is already stressed out beyond belief because of her schedule, and had time permitted I would have cleaned it to white glove-ish-ness standards myself. The point is how do you make restitution for something like this from 2500 miles away?

Lastly in church this past Sunday, despite the endless idle chatter that pervaded my thoughts, I did come to the realization that I need to remain focused in the reason I moved back.

That is all for now. I'm off to check out the posts of yours that I have missed. Don't be too shocked to get a new response on a supremely old post.

10 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Hey lady, get my digits from Mary and hit me up. I don't know about putting info on a public site...probably not the best idea! I am soooo looking forward to it! (I really like exclamation points!)

Coordination Queen said...

I can bug and pester you to keep your focus... send daily emails, etc. :) Just so you know I'm cheering for you!!!

Tori :) said...

When I sold my 1st house the electric company turned off the power a day early so I didn't get to vacuum or anything. I still feel guilty...

Mikelene said...

Good luck with the "staying focused" part. You can do it!!
If you're feeling that guilty about leaving behind a messy house, you can come over & help me with mine. :)
It was fun hanging out the other night.

Physcokity said...

Tiff- The exclamation points are alright by me seeing as how it's definitely an added self-esteem booster. This way I can pretend you really are that excited to see me ;)

Physcokity said...

CQ- lol I'm not too sure how the daily emails would help seeing as how I still don't have the fortress of solitude up and running just yet. :P

Physcokity said...

Tori:)- I spoke with both the (now) hubby and wife, and after multiple apologies on the matter, and the offer to make amends for the mess I left. I was told that it had already been cleaned, and had an invitation to visit when I am in town extended to me.

So all is well...or at least hopefully better than I left it.

Physcokity said...

Mikelene- Sure thing ;) hehe

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Congratulations....Your posting is very interesting... I really enjoyed reading this post. Keep writing..

Physcokity said...

Thank you, and welcome Susan