Friday, January 11, 2008

Wo unto the Liar...

Am I the only person who feels that the top two contenders of the Democratic hopefuls are both big fat liars?

I don't want to see performances and acting abilities I want to know what these people are like every day in their own world & with their own ethics, not when they are taking on the stance that everything is truth which by the way is a complete fallacy. If the media determines "who wins" a debate then I need to start finding a news medium that supports my views as opposed to the Communist News Network.

The point is it's hard enough to pick someone to be the leader of our country when there are so many candidates on the table now. Add to that their own personal agendas, personal pork barrels, and endless lie after lie layers upon layers of all the promises they've made to countless constituencies. Which by the way, I think more people need to reread which branches of the government have the authority to do what.

If we were all versed well enough in this we would see that half of what the candidates promise in order to make emotional connections to people is a complete sham and realize as president they would no longer have that capacity. If that's what they want the ability and authority to do, they should stay in congress! Also I want a president who doesn't have to pander to every single person in town just to buy their vote. Let's face it if you had friends like this you wouldn't want them as a friend would you? How can you trust somebody who changes their opinion at the drop of a hat?

GIVE ME SOMEONE WITH INTEGRITY!

Someone who actually lives by their standards and will do so openly. Someone who exhibits this integrity by not back peddling or by taking all sides of an issue. The public needs to pay more attention, rather than turning a deaf ear or blind eye. If they did they would realize that those who take all sides of an issue lose themselves or are simply camoflauging the truth of what they really want and stand for. Underneath it all, at the end of the day, there is a person and that person has their own individual set of core values that never really leaves them.

Ask yourself what is the key motivation behind what this individual does? Why do they do what they do? Look at their track record and you will see that even though people are capable of change, their true nature is to revert back to that which they were first disposed. How does that saying go? If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it?

10 comments:

Deena said...

Good luck.

Physcokity said...

Yes it's completely idealistic, but my blog, my own little world. I know that this will likely never happen. While composing this I happened to flash on a line from a movie "you got a million different people all yelling for something different and the only thing they can agree on is no new taxes."

Which I concur with. Everyone's got their own agendas.

Deena said...

What are you turning this place in to? A place where I have to think hard AND concentrate at the same time? I don't know that I can handle that!

Physcokity said...

My brqain is tired of being on hiatus...

sew hot said...

Are you going to be a journalist with political commentary? Obviously you've given this alot of thought. POwer to the people! Right On!

Physcokity said...

Actually this was done on the fly. I read two or three articles as represented/referenced here. Mix that in with personal opinions of certain individuals whom I find to be tainted by association and viola...out popped this beauty. It took about an hour. From start to finish.

I realized something about this particular election though. It really is anyone's race at this point. There are still quite a few who have dropped out, but as far as I'm concerned I have more reason to be concerned with finding the truth of things. I don't want to be lead by deceptions. Granted there are some things that we as the public are better off not knowing...Don't even get me started on the power of stupid people in mass especially with the wrong information or half truths...

But then again that is exactly the heart of what I am getting at here. Educate yourselves using a variety of mediums don't just limit yourself to the TV/internet/print. Use it all! And don't forget to keep a copy of an american government text book/constitution on hand for referencing purposes to help blow the lies and deceitfulness out of the water.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I still don't know who I'm voting for in the Primary. :( My main guy (Duncan Hunter) doesn't stand a chance of winning.

Physcokity said...

oh how that ends up ringing true. The people who you truly feel would do the best job is almost a wasted vote b/c it won't really influence the decision among the top contenders and create that third party draw which ends up throwing the numbers...

Unknown said...

Politicians lie? What? I thought the only person more honest than a politician was a reporter! ;P

Physcokity said...

I think "honest" abe was probably one of a kind, and look where that got him. His brains blown out by a drama queen....