Friday, November 2, 2007

True To My Word

After reading GM's blog this morning, I felt compelled to add a BWO. Consider this my "tramp stamp" if you will....only not so permanent, and a lot less trampy than stampy ;)

Here's some food for thought while you ponder:

Why would someone who has the goal for temple marriage and is fully capable of having one, opt to elope to Vegas for a secular marriage?

OK allow me to expound on this...Soooo my friend is retarded! She eloped to Vegas about two weeks ago and didn't get married in the temple. She said it was because they had a lot going on and it was the best for now. My thoughts were "Best for who? & From what or who's perspective?"

My impression is that there are other underlying reasons like perhaps she didn't hold strong to her convictions. No not saying sex before marriage or anything like that, but I know this is not a choice she would have made if it were really up to her. I feel like she's probably gonna end up divorced.

I know it's such a pessimistic view, but I really will be surprised if they stay together. I don't know how long it will last and I hope it lasts forever and that they do make it to the temple, but I can't deny the impression that I get is that's probably not the best way to start a marriage...by keeping it secret from your family for a week after the fact. Now that I think about it a lot of their relationship has been riddled with deceptions of sorts.

I know not everyone has family they feel close to, but honestly that's what marriage is about is family so why wouldn't you want yours to be there?

No comments: