Thursday, November 15, 2007

Deep Breathing

And now for something really different. OK so maybe it's not that different. Maybe I just wanted to get my research assistant off the top of the screen. Since he was creeping out all the children.

I find myself getting more easily stressed out these days, as daylight decreases, workload increases, and being faced with ever expanding social obligations I rarely seem to find a free minute let alone twenty. This afternoon though I am dedicating at least twenty minutes to destressing through the use of deep breathing and visualizations.


Don't call me I won't answer.

Would you if this was where you saw yourself? I didn't think so. Feel free to join me if you want, but if you do don't talk. This is a private beach where that is the only rule, no words.

I know it sounds hokey, but honestly it works. A cheap cd from the bullseye with those random mixes of music right by the card section...you know which one I'm talking about. That, a mostly dark room, no interruptions, and slow steady deep breathing. Let's wash that stress away in the ocean tide you hear in the back ground. My rock hard knots in my shoulders are already melting away.

Back in twenty an hour.

6 comments:

Deena said...

That's what the beach looked like on our honeymoon.

I'm glad you're taking some time out for yourself. You'll go crazy if you don't.

Arugula Queen said...

I don't recommend partaking of arugula to aid in your quest for relaxation. See, arugula has been proven to contain aphrodisical properties.....instead of rest you'll be all horned up and your hair will take on the aphro-properties of Whoopi Goldberg.

Coordination Queen said...

I'm coming too... don't worry you won't see me or hear me.

Physcokity said...

GM- What you see yourself doing on the beach is your own business.

AQ- No afros today, not even a case of bed head. It'll be hammock head.

CQ- If I didn't know better I'd say quit stalking me. ;)

sew hot said...

It is important to work hard but it is important to recreate as well. It allows a fresh outlook when you return to the work load. Don't forget to enjoy life while you can you never know what tomorrow will bring.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm thankful for elastic waist band pants stretchy enough to accommodate me gluttonously devouring second and third Turkey Day dinner helpings.

Happy Thanksgiving!