Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hello, My Name Is PK & I Have a Problem...

Picture it! The year was 1998...ish. I was a young(er) girl in my Sophmore year of hike school. If you had asked me a year or two before I would have said that things like that were childish and completely obnoxious. Not only that, but they should be avoided at all costs. I don't remember my first time. I only remember I had to watch it everyday when I got home from school... First thing.

I would watch faithfully, and my seester CQ found out about it. I guess it didn't help that I had the lunch box, that was probably the dead give away ;D No more closet fannery for me. By the time I'd headed off to college I'd been deprived for over a year outgrown my childish ways...

Or so I thought.

The lunchbox came with and was repurposed as a container for my hair accoutrements. One of my dorm neighbors remarked about it and the show's intended audience. She also divulged an affinity for certain Annie-May. I was a little surprised by the intended audience part. She also informed me that my show was one that was particularly scandalous.

However, having watched it on American programming intended for youngsters it had been edited for time and content...yay commercials!

But....

I Digress.

A few years later I had a roommate who also enjoyed the show and in fact had copies in her possession! This discovery was also accompanied by a slight feeling of vindication.

Skip ahead a few more years to bring us current.

In a fit of boredom back towards the beginning of the year, when I first came up with the brilliance that was my remember the time, video blogging, excuse for yootoobe surfing, I found it! Not only did I find my show, but the continuing story. I have since been obsessing finding time here and there to bring this tale to a successful close. At this point in my life however, the dynamics of the villainy and heroism are not necessarily what drives me to keep watching, but the underlying love story.

I blame thank Stephenie.

7 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

uh, what show is this?

Physcokity said...

check it again CQ I added a link ;D

Physcokity said...

Although that did give me an idea...I think I'm going to see if I can find a GG lunchbox.

Thanks!

Super Happy Girl said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I was not expecting that ;)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

It's okay to obsess over Sailor Moon as long as you don't name your kid, Sailor.

Are you hearing me, Christie Brinkley?!!?

Physcokity said...

Yes I have a secret love for cartoons...love stories...and plot twists.

I guess that's why I still love me some Dizney movies.

Physcokity said...

Yeah I think that military inspired names will be relatively easy to stay clear of...captain...major....private.

It's just asking for trouble.

Who knew Christie was a closet fan?

Not me.