Friday, May 9, 2008

Ah Friendly Office Banter...How I Miss Thee

So... I am guilty of attempted attention whoring...Bad-ish Day? Over.

My first summer working here we would group email each other for funsies and for various other reasons. Most of this group input would always take it's own little tangent. Anyway in going through some old emails to "purge" my inbox I came across this one thread in particular regarding a fellow employee's birthday....

I hope it makes you laugh...just a little. Sadly you have to start at the bottom and read it in reverse, and this is sad b/c I'm just that lazy!

John Paul
you are way too funny girl!

>>> Physcokity 7/20/2007 9:02 AM >>>
adjusted to a daily rate, by the time mo's b-day rolls around it equates to roughly $.01 ;) I could swing that

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:58 AM >>>
ugh!

>>> Physcokity 7/20/2007 8:54 AM >>>
inflation is roughly 4% ;)

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:53 AM >>>
With inflation it can be $12.50

>>> J Green 7/20/2007 8:51 AM >>>
10 bucks

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:49 AM >>>
ok, next question. How much do y'all want to put in, or can put in. I can throw down 150 Pesos!!

>>> Physcokity 7/20/2007 8:44 AM >>>
Not for lack of thought...more like lack of fundage...

>>> John Salinas 7/20/2007 8:44 AM >>>
So, you would throw out a Ferrari or Bentley with 22 inch rims?

>>> Physcokity 7/20/2007 8:42 AM >>>
Yes I do understand the annoyance with the lack of thought in whatever we are getting her, but I would rather get her something she would like and use instead of something that she might end up throwing out later.

>>> J Green 7/20/2007 8:39 AM >>>
i love gift cards, i'd much rather get a gift card than something i don't use! i'm horrible at buying gifts. i only get people gift cards. my girlfriend hates me but she gets over it after a few months.

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:28 AM >>>
That doesn't mean anything if we don't know where the gift card is from..
Give me a second idea, second option. We got brains to figure this out. Come on! It has to be something that will make her forgive us for the thing we're going to do to her desk.

>>> J Green 7/20/2007 8:24 AM >>>
gift card. can't go wrong with a gift card.

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:23 AM >>>
Now, we need solid ideas.. and even if you want to buy whipcream and fill her desk up with it and a cherry on top, we can't do that! Darn!! So, use your cabezas!

>>> Physcokity 7/20/2007 8:15 AM >>>
Darn I was gonna say we could let her take the rooster (long story, a post for another day maybe) home with her...

>>> John Paul 7/20/2007 8:14 AM >>>
Listen guys, if you don't know Mo's bday is coming up on July 30th, and we all know she is getting old.. Ha ha.. Shhhh don't say anything.
Well, I was thinking if y'all want to pitch in and we can get her something. Anyone have any ideas??? I can toss in some Cash, but I want to hear your ideas, but nothing too crazy, and no animals. Ok, not everyone speak at once.

2 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I did read the whole post, so there!

I miss office banter :)

Physcokity said...

I've got loads more where that came from ;) I shant bore you with them all though. However J Green was the one who sent me the official seal of approval with the hasselhoff