Monday, December 14, 2009

Wikipedia. Better Than Cliff’s Notes

So the other day I ended up spending what was supposed to be a five or ten minute stint, which turned into over two and a half hours reading wiki-style. “Wiki-style” reading involves reading an article and then opening up new pages from the hyperlinks on those pages.  I was trying to figure out if certain books, of a trashy early gothic fiction type would be “kosher” to read.  Yes.  I know.  Totally contradictory in terms, but whatevs. After several instances of telling myself that I needed to go to bed, I finally decided to listen. Whilst I was winding down the massive amount of tabs, I realized something.  I now don’t need to read any of these books since in most cases the plot summary or synopsis was sufficient to tell the tale.  So what I’m really trying to say is that I sped read about thirty books in that short time span, skipping most all of the really weird crap and just giving me the good story line which was all I wanted in the first place. Yeah.  I cheated, but at least I can say I won’t be “scared for life” by my own mental pictures. Yeah if you hadn't guessed by now that I'm completely nutso from that statement alone...I'm at a loss.

1 comment:

S said...

Have you ever heard of http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?

You would have been caught! LOL