Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Proverbial Emotional B%b

Yesterday evening I went to the ballet to see a good friend perform in the Nutcracker. I was even the picture perfect model of eccentricity. IE the person I usually point out to anyone else I'm with, as in "she's a little bit crazy" it was great. I had gloves and a fur coat and everything silly. My only regret is not having taken a picture of the outfit in its entirety. Although my friend told me that she thought the outfit was awesome. This leads me to another little tangent about how much I love wearing slightly eccentric clothing, not in the "I look like I'm on crack" or "I just pulled this out of the dumpster" although some might argue otherwise (haha). In any event I thoroughly enjoyed their performance despite a few minor idiosyncrasies I happened to notice. In fact I enjoyed the performance so fully that I found myself tearing up twice during a particularly favorite act of mine and wishing I had had the foresight to wear waterproof mascara. Tears did not actually flow forth from my ocular cavities, but I was a little surprised at how moved I was by the performance. Definitely unexpected, but not bad at all. Truly a wonderful moment and night, which inspired reflection and thanks--one of many such moments experienced this past semester--for the wonderful creation that is the human body.

4 comments:

mary had a... said...

Oh honey I just love your style! You definitely have it goin' on!

Coordination Queen said...

guess you have to get dressed up again so you can take a picture... hottie mcsnottie.

Physcokity said...

Thanks MaryMary.

Physcokity said...

hottie...maybe, snottie? not so much.